Cannabis tea, also known as weed tea and marijuana tea is one of the simple and soothing ways of consuming weeds. It is a kind of tea, but the process of making tea is quite far from simple. Instead, it is a lengthy and time-consuming process to make it and requires plenty of ingredients too. This tea, when prepared correctly, lasts longer and has a stronger effect. It is certainly the better option rather than smoking weed.
Keep in mind that it takes 30 to 40 minutes for the effect of cannabis tea to kick. This tea can help you relax. Marijuana is illegal in many countries and states hence always verify the relevant laws regarding its usage and prior to making tea with cannabis.
One of the most common questions for those consuming weed is “how to make cannabis tea”. Weed tea can be made in many different ways; either with the buds of the plant (stronger and more intensive) or with the leaves and stem of the marijuana plant (milder and much more beneficial for a good sleep). This article examples the popular methods of making cannabis tea.
Best Methods to Make Cannabis
This is a set of three recipes for those with the common question like “how to make tea with cannabis”. There are three recipes listed here:
Cannabis Tea Recipe 1 (Medium):
- ½ gram marijuana buds/flowers
- ½ tsp butter/oil
- 2 cup water
- 1 tsp honey/sugar (if required)
- Grind marijuana buds into pieces, then add ½ tsp of butter/oil and mix these ingredients well in a bowl.
- Keep stirring it until you see marijuana coated with a thin layer of butter.
- Bring some water and gently spoon in that mixture.
- Keep the water to a simmer and stir for about 30 minutes. Stir the mixture gently, brewing the tea.
Cannabis Tea Recipe 2 (Mild):
- 2-gram marijuana stems/leaves
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp honey/sugar
Thinking about how to make Cannabis Tea with Leaves? Here is the recipe,
- In order to extract more THC from the stems or leaves, grind the weed stems in a grinder, which enables lower anxiety and relaxation to the body. This is how cannabis tea is helpful for pain relief.
- Add water and boil it. Add weed stems to the pot.
- Stir it for 5-10 minutes.
- Strain the resulting mixture and add honey/sugar if needed.
Cannabis Tea Recipe 3:
- 2 bags black tea
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tbsp cannabis oil
- 2 saffron rock candy sticks
- Boiling 4 cups of water and adding butter and allowing it to completely dissolve. THC is separated that way under high heat separating the good stuff from plant material
- Add cannabis oil into the boiling pot and turn the temperature down to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- For some really passionate cannabis, it’d be suggested to simmer at as low a temperature as possible. This preserves the more flavors of that strain for a longer period of time.
- Strain out the bits of cannabis by securing a cheesecloth on the empty teapot with a rubber band. Use a metal strainer but it needs to be fine that can be cool with leafy bits in your teeth.
- Add your teabag in the teapot and you can also add along with the desired ingredient like honey, stir it well.
- Steep it for about 3 minutes.
- Remove the teabag now.
Enjoy the mild marijuana tea!
Balance a subtle weedy flavor by adding some more milk and sugar. Many pre-made teas have a strong enough flavor to complement those herbal notes. Be patient enough to let your body digest that like an edible. Additionally, it would take an hour and a half to feel the effect, also depending upon what you have eaten. So now you would know how to make cannabis tea for pain relief.